Cambridge Advanced ToolBox follows the leadofthe four Use Of English questions on the revised CAE(MultipleChoice, Open Gap Fill, Word Formation and Keyword Transformation),to teach four advanced language skills. These are:
– building and using collocations, including idioms and phrasalverbs
– using grammar words, such as linking words and compound prepositions and conjunctions
– word formation, building different parts of speech
– advanced grammar structures, such as cleft sentences and causative constructions
Each of the four sections of the app corresponds to one ofthefour tasks. Each section has eight units including notes,previewand practice activities. Sample exam questions are provided foreach section.
The app provides material for about 30 hours of study and includes:
– short (3 min) video presentations
– tips about timing and marking as well as notes onlanguage,meaning and usage
– word building, editing and multiple choice activities
– practice gap fill and transformation exercises
– sample exam questions
Cambridge Advanced ToolBox is designed especially to help students preparing to sit the revised CAE but will be of valuetoany advanced student.