Boost your stock rooted ROM with this pitch black theme for the Substratum theme engine. It fully supports Android 6, 7.0 and 7.1 / Google Pixel / OxygenOS 4 / LineageOS / OMS + it works without TBO Theme ready gapps! Please read the description below before using the theme.
If you have any questions join the Swift Themes Telegram group to get live chat support: https://goo.gl/tpPji0
• Installing / updating theme: The theme is stable to use on all ROMs with support for Substratum. The Substratum app on legacy devices is not yet perfectly stable though, and if you run in to problems when installing or updating the theme please try to fix this by clearing Substratum app cache and reinstall both the Substratum app and the theme, followed by a reboot. Don’t forget to grant all prompted permissions when opening the Substratum app the first time. If it’s still not fixed please contact me by email or Telegram for personal assistance. Any issue related to installation or updating is a Substratum app legacy issue, and not a theme issue, so I would appreciate if you don’t tell me about it in the review system but instead reach out to me personally.
• Easy fix for app issues: If an app stops working as it should after you update it from the Play Store, please reapply the overlay + reboot
• Notice for 7.1.1 users: The Substratum app will display a warning message about using themes on a 7.1.1 device. You can ignore this warning when using this theme as it have full support for this version.
Question: How do I apply the theme?
Answer: You use the Substratum theme engine app to apply the theme.
Question: Why are the notifications background white on some overlay versions?
Answer: The notification colors are partially set within the frameworks and it’s not possible to theme the frameworks in all Android versions. This is why the notifications are white on some ROMs.
Question: Why are there issues with Contacts on some ROMs?
Answer: The contacts app relies on OMS commits where the colors are exposed. Not all ROMs supports OMS so if you experience issues with the app I recommend to disable this overlay.
Question: I experience other issues.
Answer: Please contact me by email or Telegram for support.
• AOSP Browser
• AOSP Calendar
• AOSP Keyboard
• Chrome Beta
• Chrome Dev
• Email (AOSP Email)
• ES File Explorer
• Facebook Messenger
• Google Allo
• Google Assistant
• Google Authenticator
• Google Calendar
• Google Dialer
• Google Docs
• Google Drive
• Google Home
• Google Keyboard
• Google Maps
• Google Messenger
• Google Music
• Google Now
• Google Plus
• Nova Launcher
• Root Explorer
• System UI
• XDA Labs
Substratum Theme Engine app (Use this app to apply the theme): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=projekt.substratum
Swift Themes Google+ community (for questions about the theme): https://plus.google.com/communities/110736417839203494291
Don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have feature requests.
4.8 – Don’t forget to reboot after updating
• Black theme for Google Keep!
• Updated text colors in YouTube theme
Nexus & Pixel users: When updating your firmware with the February firmware version you might need to reflash your vendor.img in fastboot. This will fix an issue where the installing of overlays gets stuck or if the theme don’t apply. This is not a theme issue but due to the vendor partition being affected by the firmware update.