AutoCast Automate Your TV with AutoCast.
Please don’t rate the app 1 star because it’s not a standalone app.Contact me for a refund if you’ve bought it thinking other wise. Also, to create everything you see in the demo video you need other Tasker plugins. Please read the video description. Please don’t rate the app 1 star because of this. This is not supposed tobe a stand alone app at all. Thank you for understanding.
AutoCast is a Tasker plugin that gives you full control over your Chromecast. It not only enables you to cast images, audio and video from Tasker, but you can also cast and control many other local orweb contents, like YouTube videos and playlists, notifications,voice, and web pages! You can also take over other apps that are being cast and control their playback!
In AutoCast anything you cast is a custom screen.
– “Full Screen Media”. Here you can cast video, photos and audio infull screen, so they look their best. For example you can cast a slide show and at the same time listen to the system Audio from your phone. Or you can be watching a movie in AutoCast while you receiveall your Android notifications on your TV. You can even watch a slide show of photos and videos, all in a row.
– “Alternate Home Screen”. Here you have a screen that is really similar to the built-in Chromecast home screen, but it shows whatever photos you want and you can add any info you like on toit, like the current weather, or if the heater in your house is currently on. Like in all screens you also get all the goodies of an AutoCast screen, so you can get notifications on it for example, or you can play some music in the background.
You can also cast any existing web page you like, assuming that the page allows for this. My goal with AutoCast is that people from around the world start creating their own awesome custom screens which you can then easily import into AutoCast and use.
In AutoCast you can cast a YouTube video or playlist on to any screen. With the help of AutoShare you can cast a YouTube videofrom your Android Web Browser for example. Or with the help of Auto Remote you can cast a playlist from the YouTube Website.
With AutoCast you can cast media from an ever growing list of websites and sources like Dropbox, Vimeo, Flickr, Gametrailers andmore! For example, you can cast all the photos on the Flickr explore page as a slideshow. Or you can cast a Game trailers videofrom your favourite RSS reader on Android.
Because AutoCast can also send messages from your Chromecast to your Android device, you can also create collaborative casting apps, like a photo editor where multiple people are editing the same image.
- Group Casting Support
- Speak action: Google Drive support so it’s more reliable; only advances when the whole sentence is finished; automatically stops casting after it’s done.
- Cast to one device and then a different one without stopping AutoCast.
- Option to use AutoCast for free
- Device Settings action: set the volume and mute
- Screen turns on when casting because of an issue in the Cast SDK
- Added different icons for each of the Tasker actions