ProCamera gives you a fully functional stills camera application, requiring no special permissions, nor redundant features. This camera application was created with picture quality and minimal processing in mind. The app works best on Samsung phones as most support all the modes and
features in this app.
→ For phones with Android 6 Marshmallow, please see note below
Most phones do not yet support Google’s Camera2 API, and thus can only save compressed JPEG files. In addition, most devices use artificial edge-sharpening and noise reduction algorithms which further reduce the quality the resulting pictures by adding halos around high-contrast areas and an oil painting appearance to highly detailed areas.
This app disabled all those enhancements. JPEG quality is set to 100, artificial sharpening/edge enhancements are disabled, picture resolution is set to maximum and noise reduction is also disabled (but can be (re)enabled in the app) thus retaining more natural grain.
• Selectable (3) Histogram modes: Luma, RGB or both.
• Selectable ISO modes.
• Adjustable Exposure.
• Defeatable built-in sensor noise-reduction.
• Selectable Focus modes: Continuous AutoFocus or Touch to Focus.
• Orientation sensor updates Exif tag, can be locked.
• Shake detection.
• GPS data added to Exif tag.
No Twitter, Google+ or facebook integration.
No fisheye, cartoon or sepia filters.
* Due to the use of undocumented system calls, device compatibility CANNOT be guaranteed. The application may crash and/or some features me have no effect.
The app has been tested successfully on Samsung devices running ICS 4.0.2 and up. It may also work on a wider range of devices using CyanogenMod 9 and up.
* Pictures taken without noise reduction enabled may require retouching using an external app, especially with higher ISO settings. Processing on a PC can achieve far better results than the limited processing used in smartphones and tablets.
* Note: For devices using Marshmallow, a new permissions scheme has been added which this application does not yet fully support. As such, it will crash on launch.
You must go into Settings -> Applications -> ProCamera -> Permissions and manually enable the permissions the app requires.
Soon to be fixed.