Based on the Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology, the principal authority on the origin and development of English words, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology contains a wealth of information about the English language and it shistory.
Find out where the words bungalow and assassin came from, whatnice meant in the Middle Ages and much more.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that havebecome the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems,Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear,functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggestwhat you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly bydisplaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound wordsand phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, aswell as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter orentire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder anddisplays results
• Share word definitions via installed apps on yourdevice
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists ofwords from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
This is a fully functional 30-day trial version
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the ConciseOxford Dictionary of Etymology:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode – look up words without an internetconnection
• Premium Support – our support team will help you