What’s that song? SoundHound ∞ listens and quickly recognizes what’s playing by tapping into our music database spanning millions of artists.
Follow along in real-time with live lyrics and play full songs or videos free with SoundHound’s music player. You can even say, “OK Hound… what’s that song?” to listen in hands-free mode. SoundHound ∞ saves all of your searches for easy playback or one-tap import into Spotify.
Enjoy a lean-back music experience complete with karaoke style live lyrics, and full videos, or simply sample a taste of curated playlists to find your favorites and keep on listening. Browse throughout the app while your music plays in the background.
Use “OK Hound…” to access playlists such as:
Your personal SoundHound ∞ music history
Emerging artists across the globe
Hottest tracks in the US and across the world
New songs this week
Most popular songs of the week
Songs you have favorited
Playlists saved on your device
Plus, you can continue to access all of the great SoundHound ∞ features you know and love through the classic tap, swipe and type modes, too:
• Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see live lyrics, video playback, share, stream, or buy
• Sing or Hum into SoundHound ∞, for results when you can’t get that song out of your head
• Access your History, showing your previous searches (register to ensure you can access all of your discoveries!) to add to your Spotify playlist
• Search hands-free. “OK Hound, what’s this song?”
• View live lyrics, moving real-time with the music, and sing along
• Check out weekly featured songs, videos, artists & albums
• Find out what’s being played near you & around the world with our Music Map
• Learn about ‘Artists Born Today’, showcasing artists on their birthday, everyday
• Access artist photos & biographies, album release dates & band info
• See the hottest in new music, across Global, Emerging and Popular charts
• Learn about new releases using your voice. “OK Hound, what’s Taylor Swift’s latest song?”
• Play the full song and watch the music video with our embedded YouTube player
• Browse the top videos others are watching
• Listen to songs or playlists in your favorite connected streaming services, such as Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music
• Purchase songs or albums instantly in iTunes
• Say it and play it. “OK Hound, please play Hello by Adele”
Reviews and Honors
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps – Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App – BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• Essential iPad App – “Seriously fast” – John Herrman, Gizmodo
• “Genius, isn’t it?” – B.B.C. World Radio
• “This is amazing… insane, right?” – David Pogue
Explanation of requested permissions:
Used to record audio for both music and voice search.
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS
Used to ensure optimal audio recording settings.
FINE (GPS) LOCATION, COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
Used to enhance search results and remember where a search took place, which is displayed through History. This can be disabled in app settings.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Used to communicate with servers for search results and other content.
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Used to mute SoundHound audio when receiving phone calls.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Used to cache data.
Used to notify when search results are ready.
VIEW WI-FI STATE
Used to allow usage through WI-FI.
VIEW NETWORK STATE
Used to detect when internet access is available.
READ GOOGLE SERVICES
Used for displaying searches on a map.
ENABLE GOOGLE MESSAGING
Used to notify when personalized content is available.
- We’ve reduced the app size by 20% — who doesn’t love more space!
- Improved Search performance
- Speed enhancements
- Fixed a few pesky bugs
- Standalone Android Package;
- Android App Bundle Repacked (Split APKs Packer v4.1 by KirIif’):
- Supported CPU architecture: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86;
- Supported Screen DPIs: lhdpi [120dpi], hdpi [240dpi], xhdpi [320dpi], xxhdpi [480dpi], xxxhdpi [640dpi];
- Languages: Multi Languages;
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers and Services;
- Analytics / Crashlytics disabled