Japanese Kanji Study – 漢字学習 v2.1.5 [Unlocked] [Latest]
Kanji Study is my ongoing project that attempts to be an easy to use and helpful app for learning Japanese kanji. The idea is to start with splitting characters into manageable set sizes and then study using flashcards, customizable quizzes, and writing challenges. Each kanji has detailed information and many examples. The app also provides a powerful search tool for looking up kanji by radicals, stroke count and more. Custom groups are available to focus on the kanji you struggle with the most.
The app is NOT entirely free. The free version has no ads and offers unlimited study for beginner kanji, hiragana, katakana, and radicals. Search is also completely unrestricted. The one-time upgrade unlocks the remaining kanji study groups and allows you to create your own sets. It also supports the continued development of this app.
I am continually working on translations. If you are interested in helping, please contact me.
Here is more information on select features.
★ Kanji search
• Lookup over 6000 kanji using one text field.
• Combine text, stroke count, radicals and more for a quick lookup.
★ Detailed info for each kanji
• Radical breakdowns with special highlighting within each kanji.
• View numerous examples words and sentences that can be further explored.
★ Flashcard drilling
• Study with detailed info and stroke animations.
• Assign study ratings to filter kanji as you learn them.
★ Multi-choice quizzes
• Select among carefully selected and adaptive distractors.
• Ample customization for each quiz session.
★ Writing challenges
• Strokes snap into place when drawn correctly.
• Hints appear at the right time to help you learn.
★ Backup progress with google drive or local storage
★ Add shortcuts to your home screen to study a set
★ Use the rankings screen to make custom sets based on study stats
★ Group kanji by either JLPT level or Jouyou grade
★ Enable custom study reminders at a specified time
★ Read Japanese text with TTS audio support
★ Favorite kanji, radicals and examples for later reference
– In-app Purchase (purchase upgrade)
– External Drive (store backup files)
– Install Shortcuts (add home screen shortcuts)
– Run at startup (reschedule notifications)
– Full network access (send analytics)
★★★★★ Superior to every other kanji app. This is the kanji app you’re looking for. The UI is smooth, clean, and sensible. Functionality wise it is rich with features wrapped in a robust system of easily studying, organizing, and understanding kanji. A notable highlight is the writing practice as the app recognizes stroke direction, and corrects you according to the kanji.
★★★★★ Brilliant. I have tried a lot of apps for Kanji study, but this one is the best. Easy to use and very complete. You go from radical to Kanji and back, and you see exactly how you got there. Thank you very much.
★★★★★ You will love this app. I love how you can identify the radicals so easily with this app. Good design and easy to use.
★★★★★ Exactly what I needed. Easily the best app I’ve used for remembering Kanji, and the only app I’ve used that was good enough to warrant me buying the full version.
★★★★★ Perfect. Seriously one of the best kanji apps!!! So many little touches which all together make this a truly impressive achievement.
★★★★★ This app is the most pleasurable study app I’ve found. The attention to detail in the interface is commendable, and forced me to purchase it because the other apps don’t compare.
★★★★★ I’ve used other apps for Japanese study, but none of them have had variety, innovation, AND active developers/frequent updates. Thank you for a great all around app!
★★★★★ Props to the author. This app is sleek, well thought and definitely awesome to learn Japanese writing. It definitely deserves the money of the upgrade.
– Fixed bug with importing duplicate kanji into a custom group
– Removed root warning message
– Updated localizations
● Paid content Unlocked