2.3 + ROOT + Modded GP or GLTools Patcher
Overview: ——-**** Root and a writable /system partition are required! Please, read the description completely! Don’t try to use reviews for communication and bugreports – they will be ignored ****——-
GLTools is a custom OpenGLES driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM or x86 processor. If you still don’t understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
– Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn’t support that by default.
– Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
– Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn’t support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you’ll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
– Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
– Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
– Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn’t disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you’ll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
– Nexus 6 @ Android 6.0.1
– Stock Nvidia Shield firmwares
– Some games fail to work on devices with Mail GPU even with GLTools enabled. Adreno is supported much better.
Not working by design on:
– Non-rooted devices.
– Emulators of any kind.
Code refactoring, bugfixes.
Target SDK 23.