E-walk allows you to download offline maps, to plan your treks, to show and share your position, to record your treks, etc… This makes E-walk the perfect companion for outdoors activities (such as trekking, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc…) and for traveling abroad, because you can fully use it offline.
Lost in a forest? E-walk brings you back to your car. Forgot about where was this lovely boutique you noticed last year in Venice? E-walk refreshes your memory!
E-WALK KEY FEATURES
• download maps for later offline use
• show your current location on the map
• search places (last searches are saved for offline use)
• record your treks
• select different base maps (streets, satellite, terrain, etc…)
• plan your treks by creating and editing KML files on the map. A KML file can contains markers, lines & polygons
E-WALK ADVANCED FEATURES
• organize your treks in folders & subfolders
• display overlay maps (weather, roads, metro/bus, ski slopes, sea map, etc…)
• share your position via e-mail or SMS
• open a position in your other geo apps (such as Google Maps, Waze, TomTom, Sygic, Mappy, Locus, Orux, MyTrails, etc…)
• share a trek by e-mail, bluetooth, etc… Either in KML file format (by default) or in GPX file format
• import GPX files (they will be converted in KMZ format)
• add custom maps in the XYZ protocol (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Slippy_map_tilenames )
• add custom maps in the WMS protocol (version 1.1.1 & 1.3.0 are supported, Web Mercator coordinate system only. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Map_Service )
- This update adds support for the what3words addressing system. This system has divided the world into a grid
- of 3m x 3m squares and assigned each one a unique 3 word address. It means anyone can accurately find, share
- and remember any location very easily.