Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary – thedefinitive guide to contemporary pronunciation for British andAmerican English, with audio pronunciations and helpful languagelearning features. Preview the full wordlist and sample entriesbefore buying.
This app allows you to quickly and easily navigate and try outthe dictionary, as well as experience some of the search andlearning features. You can check that the dictionary is appropriatefor your language level and contains all the words you need, beforeyou buy. The full version of the Cambridge English PronouncingDictionary is available as an in-app purchase.
More dictionaries coming soon!
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded bynative speakers of English.
• Favourites – to help you quickly access frequently searchedwords.
• Search History to revise your recent searches.
Search and navigation features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words moreefficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwordsand usage examples.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Availablefor OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and getdefinition of words with Google Goggles.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use“?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature(Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words froman active application, like web browsers or email, andautomatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
• Use the Share button to send copied text to the dictionarydirectly and get the definition in one click! (Available for OS 4.0and higher).
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammaticalform.
• Search for anagrams (e.g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Built-in dictionary catalogue for in-app purchases.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 andhigher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Flexible font size settings for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
Links: cambridge.dictionaries&hl=en">→ Visit Store cambridge.dictionaries+googleplay">→ Search Google