Print G-code files directly from your Android device via Wifi, Bluetooth or USB OTG/Host port.
3D Fox is simple to use, has a clear and meaningful log screen and works great on small/inexpensive devices as well.
Developed with a Reprap Prusa i3 with Mega2560+Ramps+Marlin+Slic3r, Wifi module ESP8266 and BT module JY-MCU, it should work with many other HW/SW combinations.
• Before buying this version please download the Free version and make sure your device and printer are supported, and that your are happy with the app.
• Web interface to upload and print files from your PC/Tablet browser over the network.
• Take back control of SD card printing jobs after losing connection with the printer. You can use this feature to manager several printers with the same device: start a print job on printer A, then do something else on printer B, finally go back to printer A and take back control of the pending printing job.
• You must put your G-code files in \3DFox directory of your Andorid device. Use a file manager (we recommend ES File Explorer) to move files from their original location to \3DFox
• 3D Fox does not work with MakerBot or other printers using a proprietary communication protocol.
• Android device must have a USB OTG/Host port: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go
• Supported printer USB-to-serial chips:
– CDC ACM (eg Arduino Mega)
– FTDI (eg Melzi, Sanguinololu)
– CP210X, PL2303
WIFI MODULE ESP-01 (ESP8266 chip) succesfully tested:
• Firmware: transparent bridge \’esp-link\’ by JeeLabs: http://github.com/jeelabs/esp-link
• Baud rate: 250000.
• Upload speed: 1 MB transferred in 100 s (with Mega2560+Marlin), comparable to USB connection speed.
• Antenna: performances boosted with this improvement: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1665680
• Bluetooth module JY-MCU connection and configuration: http://reprap.org/mediawiki/index.php?t … ecommended
• For questions or bug reporting do not hesitate to write to [email protected] .
• For bug reporting please do not use Google Play Review comments as they do not allow an effective interaction with our development team.
- No file size limitation for Web interface upload