A rooted device with Xposed framework is required!
• Block 3 dots typing notifications from appearing to others
• Hide like (thumbs up) button in conversations to prevent accidental presses
• Hide like (thumbs up) button in expanded notifications
• Hide “Invite to Messenger” banner & button in conversations with people not using Messenger
• Block message seen notifications from appearing to others
• Click twice on a message in a thread, to manually mark it seen
• Hide your chat presence completely (also hide online minutes)
• Facebook app stealth mode: Hide online presence when using Facebook app
• See online people, while appearing offline by using the two above features
• Hide audio & video call buttons in conversations, to prevent accidental presses (doesn’t work on chat heads yet)
1. Install X Messenger Privacy Premium.
2. Enable X Messenger Privacy Premium in Xposed installer (a notification should come up after installation).
3. Reboot your device.
4. Open X Messenger Privacy Premium and check the features you want.
5. Kill (force close) Messenger app and/or Facebook app for changes to take effect.
6. Enjoy Messenger privacy features!
Note: For the online presence hide feature to work, you must not open any other Facebook window or app on any other device, and have the “Facebook app stealth mode” active.
Also, if you are talking to a person, you will appear as active to him, but not to others.
Marking messages of a person as seen also marks you as active to him.
Compatible with the latest stable version of Messenger. Beta versions might not be supported.
Requires Android 4.1.2+. Not tested on Android 4.4.4-.
If you have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact me!
For questions and answers to common problems head to http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-x-messenger-privacy-enable-t3451579
- After updating from a previous version, please open the app and re-enable the features, or you may get Messenger force closes.
- New feature: Hide audio & video call buttons in conversations, to prevent accidental presses (doesn’t work on chat heads yet)
- New feature: Hide “Invite to Messenger” banner & button in conversations
- Block online presence (active now) when connectivity changes (included in “Hide online presence” & “Facebook app stealth mode” features)