VGB – GameBoy (GBC) Emulator
VGB emulates GameBoy handheld game consoles and their accessories. It will run GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Color, and Super GameBoy games on your Android phone or tablet. VGB also supports the Pocket Printer, GameGenie cheat codes, and more. Please notice that VGB will not play GameBoy Advance games: you will need VGBA for that.
* Specifically optimized for Android devices, using assembly language and hardware acceleration to run at maximal possible speed.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with options for simulating scanlines and fuzzy display.
* The built-in Cheatopedia offers cheat codes for popular games.
* Save gameplay at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Share your current position in a game with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Xperia Play special buttons and Sixaxis gamepads supported.
* Record soundtrack to MIDI files.
VGB package itself does not contain any games. You should place your own game files onto the SD card before running VGB.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with VGB. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free GameBoy games.
* Released free VGB 5.1 for Windows and Linux.
* Tap screen to toggle title bar in Layout Editor.
* Items no longer jump in Layout Editor when you start moving them.
* Analog gamepad triggers now mapped to L2/R2 buttons.
* Fixed MIDI drums option that simulates noise channel with drums.
* MIDI now computes and uses effective power of a waveform.