Sometimes you want to copy text from an app and you cannot use the default Android long press? Universal Copy takes that pain away!
Activate the Universal Copy mode and select the text you want to copy, that’s it!
Copy text from any application: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Tumblr, News Republic…
Easy. Simple. Totally free. No ad!
How to use?
- download and install the app
- activate the Universal Copy accessibility service (Settings > Accessibility)
- go to the app (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or any app) you want to copy text from
- open your notification drawer and click on “Activate Universal Copy mode”
- tap the text you want to copy, it will highlight in blue
- click on Copy and you’re done!
Note for Samsung users:
On Samsung Galaxy devices (SG 5 and later), check to see if you have App Battery Optimizer in Samsung Smart Manager app enabled. Please disable this as it is known to disable Universal Copy Accessibility Service: go to Android Settings > General > Battery > look under App Optimization and select Details. Then find Universal Copy and turn it off.
Here is what’s new in the 3.0 version:
– New option to preview the text that has been detected by Universal Copy
– New OCR Mode: copy text from any app or image with character recognition!
It works in the apps where the Normal Mode does not work (available in the Universal Copy subscription)
– bug fixes
Plus features unlocked;
Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers and Services;
Analytics / Crashlytics disabled.