– Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights.
– View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
– Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
– Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
– Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
– Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
– Tour information so if you’re considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you’ll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., AuroraWatch UK and Aurorasaurus.
- There’s a new cloud cover forecast for tonight! Now you can see how cloudy it is expected to be in your location.
- More detailed forecast of how likely you are to see the aurora, now in 5-minute increments rather than 10.
- Small tweaks to performance